Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Réglisse Sew-Along

When it rains it pours... But I need to take part in sew-along for May. I'm not sure if I'm going to finish both this and the Great Gatsby challenge, but then again two dresses in a month is not a huge commitment. And I think both of the patterns are pretty straightforward. At least I hope so. I've been trying to read sewing blogs in French, but it was hard for me at first to find any. Then I found Thread & Needles. It's like My Sewing Circle, but in French.

In France (in French blogs at least) the patterns of Deer & Doe seem very popular (not that surprising being French and all). When I first saw them, I didn't see the appeal. Now I don't understand how I didn't see how awesome they are! I mean I've must've been blind... But I think I first started to understand how awesome they are when I saw Paunnet's version of Bleuet. And also Sandra's Chardon just blew me away.

So, when I was looking at the patterns on the website, I noticed the blog and then I noticed the sew-along. And even though Réglisse wasn't my favorite of the patterns, I think it will be fairly easy as my problems lie in fitting and it's quite loosely fitted. And also it has the retro feel, so as long as I pick a right fabric I can totally use it for dancing. Well, and if the "winter" is any indication (winter in quotes because I think we had 6 months of fall), the summer will be long...
So I went ahead and ordered the pattern, and now I just need a fabric. I think I'll go fabric shopping on Friday. The sew-along starts today, so if you want to join, you still can! In that case, you can find the schedule here. It is only in French, but what a perfect time to practice :)
What bothers me a bit is the elastic waist. I'm not usually a huge fan of those, but it probably won't be as bad as I think or maybe I can figure out some kind of alteration for that. A cute bow belt maybe...

1 comment:

  1. You'll have fun with this pattern and I don't think that the elastic will be a problem. I wasn't convinced of this at fist but the top is cut on the bias and therefore follows the contour of the body . It is quite flattering without the puffy effect I was dreading.
    A bientôt et bonne couture !

    ReplyDelete